Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Hélène Grimaud (album 22) - Water



I just discovered a very interesting trailer for the pianist Hélène Grimaud's album Water, for which she selected pieces with water as a guideline and philosophical exploration, as she explains In this trailer.



I managed to find very few of these pieces on youtube, so I have to wait for our media library to buy this album, or maybe one day I shall find it in a second hand shop. The cd was released just about 3 months ago, so either case I'll have to wait a bit. 

I believe I shall enjoy this very much, and I salute her unique holistic approach in this musical experiment. She's a very talented pianist, and I enjoy her music both as a solo musician, and as a guest on Schiller's album Opus (2013). 

No comments:

Post a Comment